Saturday, July 23, 2016

Go Big Or Go Home

While the green beachy sweater is in timeout (bad sweater, no dessert for you), I've been simultaneously working on another sweater. It's more of a tabbard actually and it's too hot this summer to fully appreciate it's simplistic beauty,  but it really is a cute design and I get to make two of them! 

Azel Pullover Pattern & Photo by Heidi May
I was ready for a basic pattern after my earlier issue. The 1st size to knit is requested for a 5/7. Made gauge with my 13's no problem and started plucking along. Following my newly reinstated rules, I measured after my first skein. It was too narrow. Well crappers. Have I upset the yarn gods where everything I create is destined to be pre-shrunk? This garment will NOT get the best of me.

When it comes to patterns, I have no problem going straight to the source.  After all, who better to ask than the designer! Fortunately, this time around,  the issue was not mine and a revised pattern was sent with the correct measurements.

There is one more issue with this pattern.  The tabbard requires 5"-7" of ease,  however, the sizing does not account for that.  Instead of knitting the 5/7 size,  I'm now knitting the S/M and using 10 skeins to get the 5" ease. Keep that in mind fellow knitters if you're working this pattern.

Thankfully, this project is going full speed ahead and is full of extra squishy goodness. 2.5 more skeins to go until project is complete!


Regarding yarn, I'm using an acrylic/wool mix, Plymouth Yarn Encore Mega color 0678. I don't work with chunky yarns very often, so in addition to this being a fast project, it's a 2-ply yarn that has a nice loft. The color isn't completely grey. It has a bit of blue spun into the yarn for a nice added dimension.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment